【考点考向】毕业生择业, 出国留学及归国, 大学生课余时间安排, 文化消费【必备主题词】1 返乡潮 home rush2 一线城市
1. 返乡潮 home rush
2. 一线城市 first-tier city
3. 白领 white-collar workers
4. 跳槽 job-hopping
5. 自由职业 freelance work
6. 生计问题 a bread and butter issue
7. 出国留学 pursue a further study in other countries
8. 海归 overseas returnee
9. 扩大招生 admission expansion
10. 必修课 required/compulsory course
11. 课外活动 extracurricular activities
12. “千人计划” the Project of Thousands Talents
13. 兼职工作 part-time jobs
14. 缓解家庭经济负担 ease families’ financial burdens
15. 文化消费 cultural consumption
16. 数码产品 digital products
17. 虚拟生活 virtual life
18. 开阔眼界 broaden one’s horizon
19. 素质教育 education for all-round development
20. 应试教育 exam-oriented education
1. It’s predictable that in the face of the increasingly stern situation of employment, undergraduates in mounting numbers will choose the way of trying for master programs to enhance their professional knowledge, so as to avoid a period of sluggish job market and find better development opportunities.
2. Firstly, with the accelerating pace of the economy and society, parents in mounting numbers have possessed sufficient financial resources, which enables them to afford their children’s higher education in developed countries.
3. In addition, with the deepening of the internationalization process and more jobs being available to returnees, overseas students prefer to go back to China.
4. At last, so fierce is the competition of the domestic job market that an ocean of students have chosen to be an overseas returnee to have competitive advantages over others.
5. Based on what has been discussed above, we may safely conclude that that such an established trend will continue for quite a while in the forthcoming years.
Revealed in the pie chart above is the percentage of graduates’ consideration regarding work option. Based on the data given above, the proportion of salary and welfare accounts for the most striking part, approximately 54%. By contrast, the percentage of enterprise scale ranks the second, occupying about 22%, which is followed by promotion opportunity and interpersonal relationship cultivation, taking up only 16% and 8% respectively.
The fundamental factors contributing to this trend may be summarized as follows. First and foremost, due to the sustaining economic growth, commodity prices are undergoing considerable climb, especially in the metropolitan cities. Consequently, graduates need handsome income to sustain their life or even decent one and more than half of the graduates tend to view salary and welfare as the prior option in their pursuit of work. In addition, enterprise scale still makes a pretty important consideration for graduates, which is partly driven by traditional job-seeking conceptions.
Taking what has been argued above into account, we may inevitably conclude that that such established trend will continue for quite a while in the forthcoming years. Accordingly, it is advisable for those enterprises that aspire to recruit qualified applicants to take this into consideration.